Please use the link below to apply for a Blue Card.
Who should apply:
Volunteers who work with children and young people must hold a blue card if their work falls into a category of regulated employment, regardless of how often they will come into contact with children and young people, unless an exemption applies. Examples of when you require a blue card are:
- A volunteer coach or coaches’ assistant of a junior sporting team, e.g. a coach at the local cricket or soccer club
- A volunteer trainer, e.g. a trainer preparing nippers for a surf lifesaving competition.
- A chaperone for a junior sports team on an interstate or international trip, e.g. a grandparent acting as a chaperone for a junior hockey team on a trip
- A volunteer supporting athletes at a junior swimming meet.
- A volunteer member of a board/committee for a community organisation which provides regulated activities for children e.g. the local football club.
Whilst it is not compulsory for a parent of a child to apply it is the clubs preference that all volunteers obtain a volunteer Blue Card.