SIGN ON DAY – SUNDAY 24TH FEBRUARY 2019 FROM 2.00PM
Welcome to Easts Tigers Under 6, 2019. Players must have turned 5 years prior to the first game in 2019 to qualify for an Under 6 team. If this is your first season with Easts or in fact rugby, then welcome to our club. Navigating your way around new websites, training fields on a Friday night, getting to know new parents of equally excited or bewildered players and knowing who to ask when you have a question are all part of the fun that goes with joining a club such as Easts. The first thing you should know is that the club is run by volunteers and your support is greatly appreciated. It is difficult to know who to offer your assistance to so the first port of call is our Club Manager – Julie Laws – who works full time in the clubhouse office.
The management committee is also a voluntary group of dedicated individuals who appreciate any offers of assistance. The Club appoints a volunteer “coach” from within the teams parent group to run the program from 5.00pm – 6.00pm on Friday night to guide and develop the boys & girls. Any parent wishing to volunteer for a coaching or management position is to contact Michael Lucas, firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: 2019 Coaching and Management.
The fee for Under 6 is
$360 for the season. The fee will include a “Tiger for Life” t-shirt, Club Medal, all levies, insurance and team photo.
What to wear? Game day: Jerseys are supplied by the club and the team manager may organise a roster of parents to wash the team set each week. Each player is to wear the Easts shirt to the games, this is the shirt they will receive with their fees, along with Easts shorts and socks (available to purchase from the Merchandise shop) and moulded football boots, blades or sports shoes (joggers/runners). No screw in boot tags permitted. Any additional playing gear ie head gear must be IRB approved. We encourage parents to get into the spirit of the game and purchase a club polo to wear. Training nights players can wear the above outfit as well.
How can I help? The club relies heavily on parents to fill a range of volunteer roles during the course of the year.
Each team requires the following positions to be filled:
- Coach Smart Rugby, Member Protection, Codes of Conduct, Blue card & Concussion Management
- Manager Concussion Management, Member Protection, Blue card & Attend Rugby Link managers session
- Touch judge As per Brisbane Junior Rugby guidelines.
- Field marshal For home games only, training provided at Clubhouse at start of season
- Referee Referee Kids Course or Level 1 or higher accreditation. Home games only.
- Match Officials Smart Rugby & Member Protection
Referees for U10 to U18 are supplied by Queensland Rugby Referees Association
- Merchandise Assistance with the Tiger Shop
- Sponsorship Assistance with securing sponsorship for the club and team jerseys
- Fundraising Assistance with raffles and organising parents to participate in club functions. eg Annual Dinner, Ladies Day
The club employs appropriately trained sports medicine staff to attend all home games. Their advice is to be taken by game officials (referees, coaches, managers and parents) regarding injuries to players and the ability of the player to continue playing.
One sports medic will be engaged per full size field in operation.
Is there players Insurance?
Information regarding the insurance paid on your behalf from your registration fees can be found on Rugby Australia’s website.