Welcome to the 2022 Rugby season at Easts. Girls Rugby at Easts is growing and we are excited to announce that we will be fielding teams in Under 12, Under 14, Under 16 and Under 18 Girls competitions in the upcoming season.
Anyone can play Girls Rugby, whether you have played before or not we would love to welcome you to our Girls Rugby community at Easts. We provide an excellent programme with experienced coaches with our focus being on enjoyment of our great game for all girls and learning the great game of Rugby.
Did you know??
Girls Rugby 7’s is an Olympic sport. The pathway for Girls Rugby players is clear and the opportunities for Girls of all backgrounds to succeed in Rugby are growing! Come and give Rugby a shot!
Come & Try – XV a side
- 6:00 – 7:30pm Friday 11 February
- Coaching from Premier Women coaching staff and players
- Registration advice and BBQ provided after for all players and parents
- A training and development program for all girls that wish to be involved in XV-a-side rugby.
- All training will be held at the same a venue as Junior Colts matches – Draw TBC
- First training to be held on Sunday 20 February
- To register please visit this link: https://myaccount.rugbyxplorer.com.au/
Girls 15-A-Side Competition – For those Girls that are interested in 15-A-Side Rugby and were part of the Term 1 training program.
- Girls that were part of the emerging program in Term 1 will be put into sides by the BJRU for matches each week. Please note that Girls may play in different teams each week and will not be playing as Easts.
- Registration for the Term 1 program will automatically include Term 2 competition.
Easts Girls 7’s Training Program – For those Girls that are wanting to play 7’s competition in Term 3.
- Wednesday 20 April Training starts.
- Development program that will teach all Girls the skills of 7’s prior to the competition in Term 3.
- Guest/ specialist coaches and training provided for Girls aged 11 – 18 in 2022.
- Focus on safe rugby and skills development (tackling/ contact skills)
- To register for Girls 7’s please follow this link – https://myaccount.rugbyxplorer.com.au/
It is possible for Girls to do both XV’s games and 7’s Training in Term 2.
Girls 7’s Competition
- Girls will play in a 7’s competition for 7 weeks.
- Teams in Under 12, 14 , 16, 18
- All Girls turning 11 – 18 in 2022 are eligible to play.
- Please note that all Girls involved in 15-a-side program are welcome to join however they must register through this link to play 7’s. – https://myaccount.rugbyxplorer.com.au/
We welcome all Girls for the 2022 rugby season at Easts, for all registration enquiries please contact Erin Toohey via email email@example.com and for all questions about the Rugby program offered please contact Rugby Manager, Tyrell Barker on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like to join a growing rugby program and have fun with friends, we’d love to hear from you. If you have any questions about Girls Rugby at Easts please contact Erin Toohey (email@example.com) .